Voronezh State Agrarian University named after Emperor Peter the Great (VSAU)
Dear colleagues! You are invited to take part in the “International Scientific Readings: “The scientific heritage of Aristotle and its modern interpretation.” The event will be held on May 18, 2016.
The UNESCO has proclaimed 2016 as “Aristotle Anniversary Year”, celebrating 2400 years since the birth of the great Macedonian philosopher and scientist. In connection with the event, our partner Aristotle University of Thessaloniki proposed VSAU to organize the event to honor the universal and interdisciplinary character of Aristotle’s work, and to highlight the significant influence he has had on several diverse scientific fields.
The research fellows, faculty members and young academics are invited to take part in the “International Scientific Readings: “The scientific heritage of Aristotle and its modern interpretation.”.
Main Areas of International Scientific Readings:
1. The relevance of the scientific works of Aristotle as an object of philosophical analysis.
2. A place and a role of Aristotelian philosophy in the development of Russian philosophy.
3. Philosophical and ethical heritage of Aristotle.
4. Aristotle, ancient humanities and their impact on Russian pedagogy.
5. Proceedings of Aristotle as a historical source.
6. Philosophical and ethical heritage of Aristotle and contemporary social movements.
7. Aristotle’s teaching in the politics and law.
8. Perception of legal Aristotle ideas by Russian legal thought.
9. The terminology and vocabulary of Aristotle’s works and their importance for the Russian linguistics.
10. Physics as a science: from Aristotle to the present days.
11. Science in Russia, and their relationship with the scientific legacy of Aristotle.
12. Antique agronomy and its modern interpretation by the history of science.
The International Scientific Readings information package is going to be published (publications are free). The texts of submitted materials must meet the main areas of conference and the following guidelines.
The text of the article should be carefully edited by subtraction. Materials are published in author’s edition. Authors are responsible for the scientific and theoretical levels of published material.
Organizing committee reserves the right to choose the articles for edition.
Materials of the International Scientific Readings will be published as a collection of scientific papers.
The collection will be placed in the Scientific Electronic Library as the printed edition, included in the Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI)
Requirements for Publications
Article size – 6-16 pages.
Paper margins – 2,5 cm at each side.
Font – Times New Roman, 16 points.
Line spacing – single.
Indentation – 1,25cm, without word break and page numbering.
Graphics, images are to be included in the text and in the separate files in tiff format of size no less than 60×60 mm and no more than 110×170 mm.
The name and number of graphics are indicated under the graphics, names and numbers of tables – on the tables. The titles of graphics and tables to be presented in «Times New Roman», 12 pt .; alignment – centered. Line spacing in the tables – single. Tables should be numbered consecutively.
References should be in square brackets ([14; 15], [5, p 98-99.], [3, 12,. 9, 5: 46..], [6, p 24. 35], [7, d. 107, p. 9]).
First position: UDC index in the upper left-hand corner. The following single-spaced – author’s (authors’) initials, surname (by bold lowercase, central alignment).
Second position: article (by CAPITAL LETTERS IN BOLD).
Third position: abstract .
Fourth position: keywords. Abstract and keywords in the article are presented in Russian and English. The abstract no more than 1200 characters (including spaces). Font – «Times New Roman» (12 pt).
Fifth position: text of the article.
Sixth position: numbered list of references in accordance with the GOST.7.1-2003
Submission Deadline: the 31 of May 2016. Articles should be sent via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail subject: Aristotle 2016 and chosen area of conference).
The letter should include two attached and no archived files: participation letter (Ivanov_I_participation_letter.doc), article (Ivanov_I_article.doc).
Each International Scientific Readings participant is able to publish 1 article including material written in co-authorship (the maximum number of co-authors of one article – 4).
Participation Letter of
“International Scientific Readings: “The scientific heritage of Aristotle and its modern interpretation.”
(should be filled and attached in separate file to the letter)
- Full Surname, Name
- Academic degree
- Place of work (study), occupation
- Title of article
- Topic of article (choose from the main areas of International Scientific Readings)
- Contact number
- Postal address
Sample of Article
UDC 801.3: 633
TYPOLOGICAL FEATURES OF RUSSIAN PLANT GROWING TERMS AS RESULT OF HISTORICAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE WORLD AGRONOMIC PICTURE
ABSTRACT. The article presents a typology of plant growing terms which are differentiated in contemporary Russian language on the following bases: according to their emergence time and chronological status, on their genetic signs (original sources), on their ways of development, according to their formal structure and speech accessory, on their semantic structure and terminological name, as well as according to their formation and adaptation degrees in Russian language.
KEY WORDS: plant growing terms, typological features, world agronomic picture.
- Amirov T.A. Essays of the History of Linguistics /Amirov T.A., Ol’khovikov B.A., Rozhdestvensky U.V. – M.: Nauka, 1975.- p. 559
- Bogdanov S.M. Illustrated Dictionary of Agriculture: Encyc. Agriculture. – Kiev, 1895. – p.1446.
- Grinev-Grinevich S.V. Foundation of antropolingvuistics: tutorial / Grinev-Grinevich S.V., Sorokina E.A., Skopyuk T.G. – M: Sputnik Company, 2005. – p.113. , etc.
Journey and accommodation will be paid by International Scientific Readings participants.